Completion of a 40-Hour Training curriculum is required of all direct-service volunteers, prior to interacting with clients of Women’s Crisis Center.
Women’s Crisis Center’s 40-Hour Training is offered several times yearly and offers a comprehensive overview of the agency, its mission and services, WCC’s empowerment-based model, the dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault, trauma, safety-planning, and more.
WCC’s 40-Hour Training classes are offered as a series, and are available to prospective direct-service volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- volunteer application submitted
- in-person volunteer interview completed
- confidentiality & HIPAA documentation submitted (during in-person interview)
- background check authorized & conducted (initiated during in-person interview)
- willing to commit to a minimum of one year of service to the agency